"We don't receive wisdom; we must discover it for ourselves after a journey (Quest?) that no one can take for us or spare us."
                -- Marcel Post (1871 - 1922)

Author Topic: New Book - The Knightly Art of Battle (Fiore), Ken Mondschein  (Read 5011 times)

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Cross-post from AA; this is one of four manuscripts attributed to Fiore de Liberi.  Good sales of this book are critical to the medieval martial arts community, since the Getty’s decision to proceed with an edition of all four of Fiore dei Liberi’s manuscripts (by Ken Mondschein and Tom Leoni with Greg Mele) will be based on how many copies are moved. Please support the cause!

http://forums.armourarchive.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=135384

You can order it direct from the site here:  http://shop.getty.edu/product942.html  Now available for preorder! Enter coupon code GPMON11 to receive this book for only $12!

Amazon has it for $10:  http://www.amazon.com/Knightly-Art-Battle-Ken-Mondschein/dp/1606060767/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1309266842&sr=1-1
« Last Edit: 2011-09-29, 13:26:15 by Sir William »
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org

Thanks for posting this. They mentioned this at WMAW as well, and I promptly forgot. I think I'll go order a copy.
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Same here and no problem...think I'll order mine today or tomorrow.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Ken Mondschein got his copy, so the others should be shortly behind... I've been waiting a while for this one.
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org

Heh, apparently I ordered this one some time ago. Thankfully they detected the duplicate order.
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Sir Gerard de Rodes

• "Chivalry our Strength, Brotherhood our sword"
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Robor meum Deus
    • The Freemen Of Gwent
Great, I`ve been after some Fiore dei Liberi stuff fo some time.
G.
"War is at first like a beautiful girl with whom all men long to play,but in the end like a repulsive hag whose suitors all weep and ache" Samuel Hanagid (993-1056)