"No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave."
                -- Calvin Coolidge

Author Topic: New Mace Heads from Icefalcon Armoury.  (Read 6558 times)

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
New Mace Heads from Icefalcon Armoury.
« on: 2011-09-10, 00:56:35 »
I decided to get some more rattan and try some of the new rubber potato digger Mace Heads authorized by the SCA Society Earl Marshal.

One of my concerns was how well they would grip the rattan. Well Duke Icefalcon shipped them shoved onto the rattan for ease of shipping and, well, the pics speak for themselves.

My roommate put into my ear the idea of a matched set of dueling short two handed maces. It keeps sticking there.

I will let y'all know how they do!

-Ivan

BTW the rattan is 1.5" thick.
Fall down seven, get up eight.

Sir Rodney

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Inquit Corvus
    • The Mercenary Company Nevermore
Re: New Mace Heads from Icefalcon Armoury.
« Reply #1 on: 2011-09-10, 12:54:59 »
I followed that thread with a great deal of interest.  An SCA legal mace that actually looks like a mace, what do ya know?!  Please let us know your opinion once you've had the chance to bash a friend over the head.  ;)

Our local group had a member in the '90's that loved to wield dual maces.  He was rather short and loved to charge into battle first, regardless of the plan or odds.  Think "battle raging dwarf / Ronnie James Dio mutant" racing head first into a line of shields taking as many people down with him as he could.   ;D
« Last Edit: 2011-09-10, 12:55:55 by Lord Rodney »
"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." - Roger the Shrubber