"If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment."
                -- Marcus Aurelius (121 - 180)

Author Topic: TV Commercial makes me laugh every time  (Read 4267 times)

Sir Rodney

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Inquit Corvus
    • The Mercenary Company Nevermore
TV Commercial makes me laugh every time
« on: 2011-08-19, 16:11:30 »
There’s a television commercial currently running that makes me laugh out loud every time I see it.  The problem is, I can’t recall the product they’re selling so I can’t post a link.  (Not very good advertising  ::))  My Google-fu has turned up nothing, maybe you can help.

Near the end of this commercial is a knight (armoured in a 15th century kit) simply standing there.  Now, the prop guy must’ve had a clue that something wasn’t right when he still had one tasset left over after dressing the actor.  Instead of a tasset hanging over each thigh, he mounted one tasset squarely in front as if it was the largest codpiece in history!  ;D

If you can link to this commercial, please do so.  I need a laugh today.
"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." - Roger the Shrubber

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: TV Commercial makes me laugh every time
« Reply #1 on: 2011-08-19, 16:30:16 »
I forget what the product is, but I think it is the one with Neil Patrick Harris, he has his weekly yard sale and he has a full suit of plate and this guy walks up and asks if it is a medium; then later on he asks if it makes him look fat (he's dressed) - is it that one?

I can't find it.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir Rodney

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Inquit Corvus
    • The Mercenary Company Nevermore
« Reply #2 on: 2011-08-19, 17:25:50 »
Yep, that's the one!  Boy, either my Google-fu is seriously weak or this commercial hasn't been posted anywhere.
"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." - Roger the Shrubber

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 2011-08-19, 18:27:48 »
You know I can NOT remember what the hell the commercial is selling but I remember it only because of NPH (he's hilarious to me, he's got a great deadpan delivery) but the fact that he had a full suit of plate right next to him!

STILL can't remember what its for...lol
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #4 on: 2011-08-22, 19:18:45 »
I haven't seen it, but it sounds similar to the odd Comcast/XFinity commercials. Like the one with the giant panda.
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #5 on: 2011-08-23, 16:03:09 »
That's it, Sir James...it is an XFinity commercial.  Meant to comment on that yesterday but couldn't even get online (here).