Main > The Round Table

Knight of the week

<< < (35/77) > >>

Ian:

--- Quote from: Joshua Santana on 2012-06-09, 16:35:15 ---YES!  The Black Prince was the Chivalrous Rock Star of the Hundred Years Wars  ;D

--- End quote ---

Many would say that Edward of Woodstock's (he was never known as the Black Prince until long after his death) tactics in the Hundred Years War were anything but chivalrous.  See chevauchée warfare, and ask the French about it, ha.  But, he's one of my absolute favorite figures in history, and definitely why I'm such a 14th Century-o-phile :)

Sir John of Felsenbau:
Lord Rodney,

Thank you for your comments. I still have several more to post but I had to stop because I'm running out of room in my house...lol.

I hope that all the members appreciate my contribution when it comes time to sponsor me as a knight.

Sir John

Joshua Santana:

--- Quote ---Many would say that Edward of Woodstock's (he was never known as the Black Prince until long after his death) tactics in the Hundred Years War were anything but chivalrous.  See chevauchée warfare, and ask the French about it, ha.  But, he's one of my absolute favorite figures in history, and definitely why I'm such a 14th Century-o-phile
--- End quote ---

You are right that the French consider him to be anything but Chivalrous, whereas as the English see him as Chivalrous.  One of the confusing aspects of the Hundred Years Wars are two different views of Chivalry from two different nations.

Sir John of Felsenbau:
That's true with anything...I don't think any two people have exactly the same taste or ideas.

Sir John

Joshua Santana:

--- Quote ---That's true with anything...I don't think any two people have exactly the same taste or ideas.
--- End quote ---

Exactly!   :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version