Main > The Round Table

Knight of the week

<< < (32/77) > >>

Joshua Santana:

--- Quote ---The Marshal, the Marshal, God is with the Marshal!!!
--- End quote ---

AMEN!  :D

Sir John of Felsenbau:
Not to downgrade the Marshal...but noone is perfect. According to historians, the story of him sleeping with the kings wife was not true, but it was a cover up for his greed for power and money. I have found that on several sites. But, like I said if you dig deep enough, noone is perfect.

Sir John

Sir John of Felsenbau:
This weeks Knight(s) if the week: "The Knights of Treisen" - The Knights of Treisen had their castle in southern Leichtenstein. They were highly respected and were vassals if the Counts von Montfort-Feldrich. The earliest recorded member was Heinrich von Treisen, who had two sons: Ulrich (1273) and Johann. All three were knights. Their castle was built by the Count of Montfort-Feldrich around 1022. Johann is mentioned in 1299 as well as Ulrich II. Johann is again mentioned in 1347. In 1380 Count Philip donated to the monastery there (at least 2 of the Treisen women were nuns there) which was then under the leadership of Ulrich von Treisen II. The last of the family mentioned is Margaretha in 1443, after which the family name of Treisen vanishes.

Sir John of Felsenbau:
As a side note, (as you know I'm fond of Sir Ulrich von Liectehstein) they have been showing "A Knight's Tale" on tv a few times, which of course I watch. I never tire of that movie, or the love letter which I think is so romantic! Anyway...if you watch a movie several times, each time you notice something that you missed before...well in France...when the Count was looking at the results of all the tournaments....I noticed the Sir Ulrich von Liechtenstein...the real one...his coat of arms was on one of the sheets that the Count was looking at. Again, a mistake...since Ulrich v. Liechtenstein lived prior to when A Knight's Tale took place. But I thought it was interesting that that coat of arms was in it.

Also...there's a site that lists the top ten of everything...and of course in knight's...William Marshal was the first...but they included a number 11: Sir Ulrich von Liechtenstein, since he was the best of the German knights...but he lived in a different time than Sir William...but still...while Sir William had...was it 500 tournament wins (in his WHOLE LIFE) to his name, Sir Ulrich had about 350 just in one series of tournaments! He did go on more curcuits in his lifetime, but I haven't been able to find out his total during his lifetime...wins that is.

Sir John

Joshua Santana:
Very interesting Sir John, I personally am a fan of Sir William Marshall, 500 tournament wins does spell this one word
B
A
D
A
S
S

;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version