Main > The Round Table

<< < (7/10) > >>

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Lord_Dane on 2012-08-21, 20:41:17 ---Sir Edward is correct, Sir Sorbus. That is why I put the '&' in the comment. NY stands alone and is not good enough to be part of New England as we host much better sports teams such as the "Boston Red Sox" & "NE Patriots".  :P

--- End quote ---

Sir William. :)

Lord Dane:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2012-08-21, 21:00:54 ---
--- Quote from: Lord_Dane on 2012-08-21, 20:41:17 ---Sir Edward is correct, Sir Sorbus. That is why I put the '&' in the comment. NY stands alone and is not good enough to be part of New England as we host much better sports teams such as the "Boston Red Sox" & "NE Patriots".  :P

--- End quote ---

Sir William. :)

--- End quote ---
Apologies Sir Edward. I do hate typos when ridiculing NYers. :)                                                                                                                                             

Ian:
Ewww... New England.... Originally from New York myself (Staten Island), but like many New Yorkers, we moved to the Tampa, Florida area when I was young.

I currently live in Pensacola, Florida, but will more than likely be moving to the Norfolk/Virginia Beach area of Virginia next spring.  I'm in the Navy, and move around a lot.  With the Navy I've lived in Annapolis, Maryland -> Pensacola, Florida for the first time -> Corpus Christi, Texas -> Pensacola, Florida for the second time -> Jacksonville, Florida -> and now back to Pensacola, Florida for a third time!  Sprinkle in some various periods of living in the middle of the ocean for months on end :)

Sir William:

--- Quote from: Lord_Dane on 2012-08-21, 20:41:17 ---Sir William is correct, Sir Sorbus. That is why I put the '&' in the comment. NY stands alone and is not good enough to be part of New England as we host much better sports teams such as the "Boston Red Sox" & "NE Patriots".  :P

--- End quote ---

Lord Dane has it right in one way- New York does in fact stand alone.  Greatest city on earth, weirdest state in the Union- central and southern NYS is like...a Mecca of sorts, while the northern part has some really strange and weird inhabitants...like that one town way up north where 80% of the populace is interrelated (products of incest and marriages between close family members mostly) and it is largely rural.  We generally don't claim that part.  LOL

And, the NE Patriots?  Didn't they just lose the last Superbowl to the New York Giants?  Twice in the last four years, if I recall correctly.  And while I am no Yankee fan, I do believe they field a better team than Boston.  The Mets, however...yes, they do suck perennially but it would appear they're trying to do something about it this season.  I'm no baseball fan tho so I could be wrong about that part, but not football.  Heh.  ;)

Ian's from Staten Island...see, I knew I wasn't crazy, you must've mentioned it before.  Even after having been out of NY for quite some time, he still has the inherent dislike for New Englanders and their strange accents.  lol

Sir Sorbus:
... I like sports too...

*is utterly oblivious to American sporting teams and politics*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version