"Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them."
                -- Bruce Lee

Author Topic: mail standard  (Read 2586 times)

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
mail standard
« on: 2011-05-21, 05:49:45 »

I forgot-- the other main reason I was asking is that I need to do the lining and strapping for my mail standard. I want to do something similar to Bill's standard, though I might not bother with the "trauma plate" for the throat. For actual fighting, I'll probably just use the bevor and not need the standard, or the bevor will be over the standard.

But I need to get the darned thing wearable. I've had it sitting here for a couple of years.

heres a quick shot of mine. i had to quickly redo the buckles before MTT so the thing would fit me after the weight loss. so please i know there aren't centered or aligned like they used to be heheh i just got lazy the night before the event and didn't want to have to measure out both the buckle straps and the tongue straps. i just used thin deer skin for the leather. i sewed it over the top edge of the mail and into it's self

in this picture, James Barker added a little bit of padding in his. but he made his and he had the room, when i bought mine i didn't but now i do eheheh. but being how lazy i am, i don't think i am going to add the padding.

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
Re: mail standard
« Reply #1 on: 2011-05-22, 01:49:08 »

Yeah, it looks similar to how Bill's was done, except his is fabric backed all across the inside. I might do something similar, with some linen or even some thin leather. Thanks for the photos! Now I just need to order some buckled straps.
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
Re: mail standard
« Reply #2 on: 2011-05-22, 02:24:43 »
i got my buckles from raymonds quiet press