"To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society."
                -- Theodore Roosevelt

Author Topic: Ok, now I need with what sword to go with My Harness! :'(  (Read 34630 times)

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
Re: Ok, now I need with what sword to go with My Harness! :'(
« Reply #45 on: 2011-05-24, 15:19:26 »

Very cool. The Albion Landgraf is one of my personal favorites. It was a wonderful blend of blade presence, maneuverability, and strength for both the cut and thrust. When I pick it up, it just feels like it wants to be used. Plus it has some tasteful artistic embellishments that don't go overboard. I'm glad I had DBK do the scabbard for this one.
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Joshua Santana

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Honorare scutum meum, veritas mea gladio
« Reply #46 on: 2011-05-25, 20:43:33 »
I have looked at the DBK website and I can say that the scabbards are just gorgeous!

I can see there is a (hint, hint) recommendation of DBK.  Well I was intending on getting my Landgraf Scabbard from Christian Fletcher, but after looking at DBK, I think I know which one has the better price!

Thank you Sir Edward!
Knight of The Lion Blade

Honora gladium meum, veritas mea, et SpirĂ­tui Sancto.  כדי לכבד המגן שלי, האמת שלי חרבי

Honor My Sword, Truth My Shield.

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #47 on: 2011-05-25, 20:49:19 »

Yeah, I like Christian Fletcher's work too. I have a few from him as well. My DBK scabbards have cost a little more, but are also a little nicer too. It's one of those "you get what you pay for" things. So I'm happy with both for the prices paid.
Sir Ed T. Toton III

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #48 on: 2011-05-26, 14:20:17 »
I've not yet held any of Christian's work but I can speak for DBK...his work IS art.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.”

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #49 on: 2011-05-26, 14:42:22 »
I've not yet held any of Christian's work but I can speak for DBK...his work IS art.

If you'd like I can bring one or two of his pieces with me next week. I can show them to you in the parking lot. I'm probably going to have a DBK scabbard on for the knightings. I want to get some good pictures of it while in kit, especially since he asked me to send him a few photos with the armor.

I'm just going to ask people to grab my camera and get a bunch of shots of me.
Sir Ed T. Toton III

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #50 on: 2011-05-26, 16:02:20 »
Sounds good to me, Sir Edward, I'd like to get a firsthand look at them.  CF's an artist as well, I've ogled his wares over the years...

I'm going to do as you...because I promised Brian shots of me in armor as well so that'll be the one I bring.  I think I'll be a Templar for this event.

I'm going to bring the other sword too...just so you all can see Slayer's work up close if you feel like it.  I really wanted a new shield but I think I'll just get my current one restrapped (the guige) - I don't like having the two different colors, it was good for a quick fix but I really want it more uniform and I'd like a wider strap for the shoulder.
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.”

Joshua Santana

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #51 on: 2011-05-27, 20:08:32 »
I do like DBK, however I like the prices that Fletcher offers with his scabbards.  That is why I will be ordering my Albions from him!
Knight of The Lion Blade

Honora gladium meum, veritas mea, et SpirĂ­tui Sancto.  כדי לכבד המגן שלי, האמת שלי חרבי

Joshua Santana

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #52 on: 2011-06-01, 13:48:11 »
Thread Update:  Since i have decided to go with a 14th Century Harness or Kit.  I have also decided to order from Christian Fletcher the Albion Crecy.  Another "Jack of all Trades" thanks to Sir Edward's review on his personal site!
Knight of The Lion Blade

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #53 on: 2011-06-01, 14:07:09 »
Thread Update:  Since i have decided to go with a 14th Century Harness or Kit.  I have also decided to order from Christian Fletcher the Albion Crecy.  Another "Jack of all Trades" thanks to Sir Edward's review on his personal site!

Yep, it's a really good all-around sword. It cuts pretty well too, if you plan to do any test-cutting. It's a fantastic choice as a first Albion. :)
Sir Ed T. Toton III

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #54 on: 2011-06-01, 14:46:21 »
Ah the Crecy...I missed out on one about a year ago, killer price- I was torn.  Looked like a good sword but what Albion isn't, right?