"You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down."
                -- Mary Pickford

Author Topic: Knightly organizations copying each other?  (Read 3177 times)

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
Knightly organizations copying each other?
« on: 2011-04-14, 15:58:09 »

Interesting. Scroll down on both these pages. The charts showing their ranks are identical, right down to the colors used:

Munay-Ki Shamanic Knights
http://www.munay-ki-knights.com/index.html
(based in Texas)

Mystic Knighthood
http://www.mysticknight.org/hierarchy.php
(based in Canada)

Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: Knightly organizations copying each other?
« Reply #1 on: 2011-04-14, 16:32:24 »
Looks like the Mystics took what worked for them from the Munay-Ki...I can't judge them, they're doing something that feels right for them.  I'm doing something I know is right for me.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: Knightly organizations copying each other?
« Reply #2 on: 2011-04-14, 17:58:38 »
That is definitely very copy and pasted. Seems like the Munay-Ki copied the Mystics, because the images in the right column only work on the Mystics site, yet the Munay-Ki has the broken reference to them. The only difference seems to be the specialization titles - even the timelines for the first 2 groups are identical.

It's also interesting because the color scheme seems to fit the Munay-Ki better than the Mystics, and the Mystics seem to have done it first.

We did copy a presentation style from somewhere else with our own Roll of Arms, but, there's only so different they can look, and I'm sure the ones we styled after had styled theirs after something historical.
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent