"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one."
                -- Marcus Aurelius

Author Topic: HUAH!!!!  (Read 12766 times)

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
HUAH!!!!
« on: 2011-04-09, 21:01:30 »
All I have it say is..... HUAH!!!! :D :D :D

from- http://www.bogpages.com/SCA-photographs/2011/Gulf-Wars-XX-Wednesday/16397556_pAcex#1233315054_SdqYL

Taken at the SCA event called Gulf Wars.

And, of course, the classic:

-Ivan
« Last Edit: 2011-04-09, 21:06:39 by RauttSkegg »
Fall down seven, get up eight.

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: HUAH!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 2011-04-11, 12:17:38 »
Beast...I like them both.  Have to admit, might be a tad bit intimidating to see a one-legged man at full gallop bellowing his war cry.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #2 on: 2011-04-11, 13:21:05 »

I'm actually pretty amazed at how well some people can fight on one leg and a crutch.

As an aside, check this out (he's one of my facebook friends):

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcYLX3NvHMw[/youtube]
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Joshua Santana

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Honorare scutum meum, veritas mea gladio
« Reply #3 on: 2011-04-11, 13:34:30 »
Huzzah!  This would have made Gotz of the Iron Hand very proud.

I am also proud to be friends on facebook with Reece, he is a great example of determination and I have a lot of respect for him.

One thing that I blatantly forgot to mention is that I also have autistic like behaviors (pacing around to settle my nerves, talking a lecture into a recorder and listening to music for hours as mental therapy) that is my disability.

I got it three days after I was born.  Had it with me my entire life, but it does not affect me in being chivalrous.

Rising up from your disability is a hard thing to do (especially for me) but it is a worthy cause to fight for.   
Knight of The Lion Blade

Honora gladium meum, veritas mea, et Spirítui Sancto.  כדי לכבד המגן שלי, האמת שלי חרבי

Honor My Sword, Truth My Shield.

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #4 on: 2011-04-11, 16:35:15 »
The pictures and the video are all quite motivational.
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #5 on: 2011-04-11, 17:30:03 »
Whoa...he's skilled despite the loss of a leg.   Has anyone ever tried for the crutch, a dirty move no doubt?
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir Rodney

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Inquit Corvus
    • The Mercenary Company Nevermore
« Reply #6 on: 2011-04-11, 18:19:44 »
There is a story on AA about how four newer fighters approached him during a melee and offered single combat rather than ganging up on him.  The experienced fighters on the sidelines shouted at the young guys not to do it!

He took out all four of them, one by one. ;D
"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." - Roger the Shrubber

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #7 on: 2011-04-11, 19:01:18 »
HA - LOVE IT!!!!

Sir Rodney

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Inquit Corvus
    • The Mercenary Company Nevermore
« Reply #8 on: 2011-04-11, 21:49:23 »
I had the pleasure of befriending, fighting with and partying with a gentleman by the SCA name "James of Doncaster" last year.  He is very formidable with spear as well as sword & shield without half of his left arm!  He backed our line by poking people who got a little too close, and then would draw off over-eager opponents by back peddling right past my polearm providing an all too easy kill.  He has the coolest custom prosthetic that's designed to strap to his shield, cradle a spear and attach to a two handed sword.  On top of all this he is very chivalric and has a great sense of humor!
"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." - Roger the Shrubber

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #9 on: 2011-04-12, 00:13:46 »
@Rodney:

I have a copy of that picture. It makes me happy when I see it.

@Joshua:

Me to, the autism that is. I have a full blown case of Asperger's Syndrome.
Fall down seven, get up eight.

Joshua Santana

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Honorare scutum meum, veritas mea gladio
« Reply #10 on: 2011-04-12, 11:46:59 »
Rautskegg: well, that makes the both of us!  With disabilities but never giving up on doing the right, honorable  thing.
Knight of The Lion Blade

Honora gladium meum, veritas mea, et Spirítui Sancto.  כדי לכבד המגן שלי, האמת שלי חרבי

Honor My Sword, Truth My Shield.

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #11 on: 2011-04-12, 15:52:15 »
There is a story on AA about how four newer fighters approached him during a melee and offered single combat rather than ganging up on him.  The experienced fighters on the sidelines shouted at the young guys not to do it!

He took out all four of them, one by one. ;D

I remember seeing a post by/on behalf of him on AA. Either about his upcoming authorization, or being granted it. It was a very moving post.
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Sir Ulrich

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #12 on: 2011-04-12, 20:24:46 »
Yeah speaking of aspergers I doctors used to think I had aspergers cause I had some traits of it. I've overcome a lot of it apart from my chronic shyness which came mostly from isolation. I don't think I really have it, I just think I fell for the stereotype threat along with going to school with them. Got more of a problem with stress and shyness more than anything else really. Think if someone was my "wingman" and helped me meet new people I'd overcome the shyness.

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #13 on: 2011-04-12, 20:36:32 »
Sir Ulrich...I suffered from the same during my adolescent years.  I had no wingman either...it was rough going at times but you know, weathering such storms only served to form me into the man I am today.  Have no fear...life only gets better as you get older.  Even the hiccups you experience socially will eventually smooth out.  

Take heart, for you are a Knight, a member of a newly-created yet esteemed Order...something no one else your age can claim (locally).  
« Last Edit: 2011-04-12, 20:36:53 by Sir William »

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #14 on: 2011-04-12, 20:43:33 »

Boy do I understand having the shy, awkward youthful years. :) I was about as cripplingly shy as anyone. I couldn't talk to girls, let alone date any. Wow, what I mess I was.

I'm also a survivor of clinical depression (something I wouldn't wish on anyone).

These things always serve to remind me that you can never truly know what hardships a person has faced in their lives.
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )