Main > The Library

Black Death, the 2010 Film

(1/6) > >>

Sir William:
I just caught this movie OnDemand when it hit the theaters - I thoroughly enjoyed it, although the ending was not to my liking.  I'll not say more til you've seen it...but this is a movie you will WANT to see.  Imagine Season of the Witch but with much better acting.  This movie stars Sean Bean and Eddie Reddmayne, among others.  Everyone knows Sean from LOTR, Eddie may not be as well known but he did an excellent turn in Pillars of the Earth and he was just as good here.

The weapons, armor, garb, locations, the people- all of them appropriately gritty, dirty- you definitely get the feel that this is NOT set during modern times...the fighting is brutal, as are some of the other scenes- some of which had me cringing for a bit.

http://www.blackdeathfilm.com/

It'll be added to the collection when it comes out on DVD.

Sir Edward:

Interesting, it looks like it's in a very limited theatrical release starting tomorrow? Cool. Might have to wait for the DVD though, unless it goes into wide distribution.

Sir Wolf:
ya not sure what to think  of it. might be worth seeing or might be worth washing my eyes out with bleach hehhehe

Sir William:
I will say this...we all know each other well enough to know that we have similar tastes in a lot of things, movies included.  You needn't take my word for it, but I assure you- you'll not be so disappointed as you were in Robin Hood and Season of the Witch.

I await your reviews!

Sir Wolf:
oh wait i just saw the robin hood. ug it was long and drawn out and kinda boring to some point hehehe

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version