Main > The Armoury

Bill's Harness

<< < (2/6) > >>

Sir Edward:
Yeah, I've had a few pieces come that way too... That albion sword box felt empty when my Landgraf came, as well.

What I did to weigh my armor was weight myself without it, then just hoist the armor bag (it's actually a hockey gear bag) up onto my shoulder and weigh myself again. A lot easier than suiting up. :)

The weight of the GDFB legs didn't surprise me, since it's similar to what mine weigh. Actually the revival.us legs struck me as very lightweight, but I'm just used to the beastly stuff I have. :)

Sir Wolf:
i would like some pics of the legs please :) 

great stuff man great stuff.

i did get an email on the sword forum about the MRL legs, the guy said he loved them and they were super nice and moved etc like they should.

Best Armour will not do your greaves without custom fitting. a guy in our group had to fly over there twice for a first round fitting and then a follow up. :(

Drew from MD can do your greaves for you. he quoted me 290 or something for 4 piece welded greaves. he said u couldnt tell form teh outside they were made that way.

voiders, check out ice falcon, mine should be here in april/may date is what they said.

arms: i would email will from age of armour and get the full arms with spaulders. i believe spaulders are more of a foot soldiers armour anyways ;)

Das Bill:
My camera has been recovered, so I'll definatley try to get you some pictures soon.

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2008-04-18, 20:21:04 ---Best Armour will not do your greaves without custom fitting. a guy in our group had to fly over there twice for a first round fitting and then a follow up. :(

Drew from MD can do your greaves for you. he quoted me 290 or something for 4 piece welded greaves. he said u couldnt tell form teh outside they were made that way.
--- End quote ---

Oh, yeah, I would definately be going with Drew, not Best Armour. Drew quoted me $500 for forged greaves, which right now I can't afford (looking into buying my own place). I never asked about the welded greaves, though... that price sounds promising...

Since I've already paid for the Revival Martial Arts legs, though, I'll probably stick with the frontal greaves for a while.

--- Quote ---voiders, check out ice falcon, mine should be here in april/may date is what they said.
--- End quote ---

Yep, that's who I'm planning on going with when the time comes. That's where my standard is coming from.

--- Quote ---arms: i would email will from age of armour and get the full arms with spaulders. i believe spaulders are more of a foot soldiers armour anyways ;)
--- End quote ---

I was definately tempted when you first posted them! At the moment I can't afford it, though, but it certainly looks worth it.

Das Bill:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2008-04-18, 20:21:04 ---i would like some pics of the legs please :) 
--- End quote ---

Done. I e-mailed you some pics.

Sir Wolf:
sweet thanks bill. if the fan was more historical i might jump on them. but they are more like a spade and less like a clover if that makes any sense.  http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y110/Nephtys/Medieval%20European%20Armour/Milanese_armour_terms.jpg  they are close though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version