Main > The Library

Medieval Reference Information page

<< < (5/6) > >>

Sir Edward:
Let's see, google says £1 = $1.6069 right now, so that's about $6.43 for 10 coins? Works for me! Do you use paypal? I think it can convert for us.

Sir Gerard de Rodes:
I do use paypal.
$6.43 for 10 coins.......= $6.43 for d10........lol
Please feel free to see if you can get a better rate of exchange first.

G

Sir Edward:
lol, yes, 10 pence? :) Seriously, I consider $6 to be just fine for a handful of replica coins.

Sir Ulrich:
I don't think I could ever make riveted maille fully. I had enough annoyance making half a shirt of butted maille back in 2005 and I eventually gave up on it cause I couldn't get the arms right. Plus using bolt cutters makes it but together horribly. I do think I could make chausses or mittens easily though. Making the rings is probably the hardest part to get right and thankfully theres vendors for rings. Just makes me want maille even more as it shows how much work goes into it basically.

Sir Patrick:
It does get monotonous rather quickly.  I wanted to try the rivetted to get a feel for what is what like (call me wierd that way), and a few hours was enough for me.  The chauses are turning into a coif BTW.  I already had the springs coiled, and a coif is a smaller project.  For the $10.63 I have invested in materials, it'll serve as a cheap placeholder until I can justify buying rivetted to the ladywife ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version