Main > The Courtyard

The consequences of a poorly executed Unterhau!

<< < (4/5) > >>

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2011-01-20, 22:14:33 ---Thanks Sir James!

--- Quote ---Sir Brian, I hope that heals well and quickly. I noticed the x-ray says "unclassified"; I assume this means there won't be any titanium bone replacements?
--- End quote ---
hmmm a titanium longsword coming out of my pinky...  ;)

--- End quote ---

As a tiny, retractable hidden blade. Kind of like Assassin's Creed. Slip the doctor $20, I bet he'll hook you up. :)

Sir Wolf:
"snickt!"

Sir Brian:
Nope bad idea! I just realized what a major PITA it would be for me and the TSA agents the next time I have to fly!  :o

Sir Ancelyn:
Should we call you Sir Logan after the surgery? ;-)

Das Bill:
I've used the Hollow Earth wasters before. They're good. A tad bulky in the cross, but not that bad. Like Ed, I think their Ren Fair prices were higher than the website ones. I'd seen them at the Fair and was honestly quite shocked at how expensive they were... but now that I see they're normally the price of a Purpleheart, I understand better. After all, they have to pay for their spot at the Fair, so they have to bump those prices up. For anyone who knows better, though, you should clearly buy driectly from their website (or perhaps ask at the Fair if they'll price match to their own website).

--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2011-01-20, 22:01:44 ---I did try using a plastic one (loaner sword) at a class once. It was terrible when against a wooden sword; it of course had some "give" the wooden did not.
--- End quote ---

It will depend on the plastic sword, as some are terrible, and some are quite good. Keep in mind, though, that steel swords also generally have more give than wood along the flat.

--- Quote ---Not the best scenario when the drill was about "foolin" (however you spell "feeling" in german),
--- End quote ---

In modern German, Fühlen. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version