Main > The Courtyard

The consequences of a poorly executed Unterhau!

(1/5) > >>

Sir Brian:
Borked!

I love modern technology and digital X-rays!  :)

Sir Wolf:
ooooooooooooh no! time 2 start wearing gauntlets

Sir Edward:
Youch! Just curious, what kind of gloves were you using? Nothing is perfect. Breaks like this are still easy to do with hockey or lacrosse gloves since the padding doesn't extend down the sides. Steel gauntlets also have gaps. If you want to actually be able to use your hand, they can't be 100% protective. The best defense is to not be where the opponent's blade is. :)

Let me guess, you were making a counter-attack into his attack, and brought your hands right into it? I've done that, many times. So far nothing's broken yet though.

Sir Brian:
Yeah I was wearing lacrosse gloves and even the ones with side padding don’t cover the area I got hit. It really was one in a million shot. I was counter-attacking with an attack but was a tad too slow. It was counted as a double hit but if it was real I would be sitting at the tavern drinking while nursing a mangled hand and he would’ve been taking a dirt nap!  ;)

Sir Edward:

Yeah, I really try hard to break myself of the habit of going for the opening if it means ignoring his blade, or not sufficiently defending from it. I think it's a bit over-committed if you're risking losing your hand whether your shot hits or misses. :) But yeah, I do that sort of thing all the time.

What type of sword trainers were you guys using? The plastic wasters?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version