Main > The Great Hall

Well Met!

(1/3) > >>

Sir Rodney:
Please let me introduce myself to the fine Chivalry 'round this table.

I've been interested in all things Knightly, sharp and pointy as long as I can recall.  My interests led me to the SCA where I've been fighting "heavy" for over 13 years.  Over that time my persona and kit has changed more times than I care to count.  Finally settling on a decade (1350-1360) and a general location (south of England), I was able to take my kit in a specific direction.

My first and true love of combat is the rattan based combat of the SCA concentrating on sword-with-shield and polearm.  Recently I've become very interested in combat with steel weapons after witnessing SCA "cut-and-thrust" combat with "Hanwei practical hand and a half swords".

As if I needed more of a push, I just learned that Craig Johnson of Arms & Armor holds weekly longsword training classes at The Oakeshott Institute just minutes from my workplace.  I will be attending his classes to fulfill one of my New Year resolutions.

As an active member of both myArmoury and Armour Archive, I recognize many of the members here on Modern Chivalry and know that I am in very esteemed company indeed.  I will do my very best to positively contribute to this forum. :)

Sir Brian:
Hail and well met Rodney and welcome to the forum! :)

Sir William:
Well met, Rodney...welcome to the site, have a look around, take a seat by the firek, draw yourself an ale and tell us a tale or two.

Sir Edward:

Welcome to the forum! You're extremely lucky to have convenient access to A&A and The Oakeshott Institute.

There are several WMA/HEMA practitioners on here, though probably not many active SCA heavy fighters so far. As an aside, A&A does make some fine steel trainers for historical swordsmanship.

Sir Wolf:
Hail and Welcome

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version