Main > The Library

Instant gratification messer fun!

(1/2) > >>

Sword Chick:
Hello,

I thought some of y'all might be interested in knowing (and perchance haven't heard yet) that Freelance Academy Press has a downloadable video with a companion PDF on an anonymous messer treatise from the Glasgow Fechtbuch.  It's well done, informative, inexpensive and you get it instantly.  Pretty good deal.

I got it yesterday and have only watched it once so far.  I especially enjoyed it because Das Bill had me working through some of those plays in my lessons before the holiday break.

You can get it here:

http://www.freelanceacademypress.com/GlasgowMesser.aspx

Enjoy!

Sir Edward:

This looks awesome. I think I need to grab that.

Sword Chick:
It is.  You do.

Remember, Das Bill said we are going into messer in class after the break.  Time to get ahead of the curve.   :)

Sir William:
Anything related to sword instruction is awesome...I have very little knowledge regarding messers or how they were used; I just thought of them as single-edged swords much like a falchion or backsword.  I am learning, slowly.

Sir Edward:

A lot of the messer techniques will apply to fairly average sized single-hand swords, but there are a few things that really are meant for the way the messers were built. The nagel comes to mind, which is a protrusion out the side of the guard. Some of the techniques assume you have one. Otherwise, it's all pretty adaptable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version