Main > The Armoury

Need a bit help with a kit

<< < (2/6) > >>

Sir Wolf:
ya, u can always wear your coif's mantle under your hauberk and it looks attached. :)

Sir Patrick:
Great link, Sir James!

Sir Ulrich:
I'm mainly trying to portray a late 1200s early 1300s knight or man-at-arms, mostly mail but some plate parts such as elbow cops and knee cops. But I am kinda drawn to the Morgan Bible's style stuff, just wanna do a slightly darker version of what they did, like a black knight sort of deal. Only issue is I am a bit on the skinny side so most one size fits all stuff won't fit me as well as it would a typical person.

Yeah I may just buy a separate coif. Dunno when they'll get regular sized coifs in stock at Icefalcon armory, but I have a fairly large head so maybe large would suit me. The helmet type I'd prefer would maybe be a quality Transitional or Great helm, not sure if knights used kettle helms, otherwise I'd use a kettle helm.

This arm armor is a bit of what I want, at least the bracers http://www.medievalcollectibles.com/p-3134-14th-century-knights-full-arm-armour.aspx

Sir William:
If you're going for plate parts, talk to Allan at Merc Tailor...he'll make them according to your measurements so you needn't worry about fitment.  So long as the measurements are accurate (take them over all of your gear that would normally be under the armor).

Sir Ulrich:
So he makes custom fitted plate? How much does it go for typically? Cause thats actually exactly what I want because it would probably fit me best. All I really want at the moment is thigh armor and splinted greaves.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version