Main > The Armoury

Need a bit help with a kit

<< < (3/6) > >>

Sir Wolf:
well 1200-1300 is a large span. not a ton of plate is involved yet. mostly still just mail hauberks, coifs and chausis, soupcan knees.  if you moved your thoughts towards 1300-1360 you can do the splinted and plate pieces along with lots of mail. such as: mail hauberk, mail chausis, splinted or plate legs, splinted or plate arms, coat of plates over hauberk for body, and bassinets with aventails alone or with great helmets

Sir Brian:

--- Quote from: Sir Ulrich the Wicked on 2010-12-20, 03:16:11 ---This arm armor is a bit of what I want, at least the bracers http://www.medievalcollectibles.com/p-3134-14th-century-knights-full-arm-armour.aspx

--- End quote ---
CRAP! Those splinted rerebraces look great!  :o

~ Hey Allan I think I’ll be adding to that custom work request I mentioned in my last PM to you!  ;)

I also agree with Sir Wolf. You will definitely have to adjust your timeline into the early 14th C if you want to add splinted or plate pieces.

Allan Senefelder:
I did a pair of splinted rebraces for somebody like six yeras ago. I don't know if I still have the templates around, i'll look.

Sir Wolf:
ya you would do better to go with a splinted arm from Merc Tailor than those. I'm betting the leather isn't the best. that look definitely is in the 14th century hehe

Sir Brian:
Yeah it would have to be Allan’s work since 90% of my splinted stuff is from him, something along the same style has the vambraces, greaves and gorget I have now.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version