Main > The Armoury

ice falcon to have another sale

<< < (2/4) > >>

Sir Edward:

Nah, I don't hate it. :) It's just that for me, if I'm going to the expense of riveted stainless mail, I'm inclined to just pay more to make it slightly more accurate. That's a personal choice. I don't expect everyone to be as crazy and blow money like that. :)

Sir William:
Well, stainless is nice...as you know my current hauberk's stainless, but I'm too lazy to tailor it to fit me.  More than willing to pay someone else, though.  I like the idea of the welded mail because it would be built to my size specifications, there's all these measurements that must be taken while in garb where the mail will go over it.  Still, no price so I have no idea but I imagine it'll be expensive.

It has been my experience that if you pay for what you want up front, you'll spend less time switching this or that in the pursuit of gathering for the sake of it, like I have a tendency to do at times.

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Paladin on 2010-11-10, 16:41:21 ---It has been my experience that if you pay for what you want up front, you'll spend less time switching this or that in the pursuit of gathering for the sake of it, like I have a tendency to do at times.

--- End quote ---

lol, no kidding. :) At the rate I'm going, all of my left-over armor will be able outfit a small band of mercenaries.

Sir William:
Exactly; I would've been able to fully outfit at least 3 other men-at-arms with the changes I've made to my kit over the years- several mail shirts of varying quality, various plate parts, and other assorted gear; I never thought to track such things which is weird since I use Excel to track auto maintenance on my cars.  Ah well, I'll start doing so now!

Not to mention weaponry...I just bought a sword that'll be my MDRF sword, at least for next season as it falls directly in line with my new jupon that I keep talking about but haven't shown yet.  lol

Sir Ulrich:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2010-11-10, 14:15:36 ---
Yeah, he does all sorts of sales. Good to see there will be a whole bunch of sales coming soon. Who knows, maybe a hauberk is in my future (since GDFB does't have stainless with wedge rivets).

--- End quote ---
Curious to ask but how does Icefalcon mail look up close? Is it round riveted or wedge riveted?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version