Main > The Armoury

ice falcon to have another sale

<< < (3/4) > >>

Sir Edward:

Well, he has several types of mail available. I have his stainless riveted chausses, and up-close they look pretty good. The rivets are flattened, though some have a little slack in them and will catch on other mail. Even though they're stainless, they have a natural burnished look to them, so they look like mild steel. I can take a close-up photo later, but here's a photo of me wearing them:

http://ed.toton.org/photos/2010/weapons/i0171b.jpg

Sir William:
I like that grey look as opposed to the bright mail like I have.  That is stainless, right?  So no worrying about bits of rust and having to keep a barrel of sand handy?

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Paladin on 2010-11-10, 22:02:24 ---I like that grey look as opposed to the bright mail like I have.  That is stainless, right?  So no worrying about bits of rust and having to keep a barrel of sand handy?

--- End quote ---

Exactly. :)

Sir Ulrich:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2010-11-10, 21:21:27 ---
Well, he has several types of mail available. I have his stainless riveted chausses, and up-close they look pretty good. The rivets are flattened, though some have a little slack in them and will catch on other mail. Even though they're stainless, they have a natural burnished look to them, so they look like mild steel. I can take a close-up photo later, but here's a photo of me wearing them:

http://ed.toton.org/photos/2010/weapons/i0171b.jpg

--- End quote ---

Looks nicer than I thought. Does the coating come off with age or does it stay? Either way it looks nice. Doesn't have the shiny luster that other stainless mail has.

Sir Matthew:
I'm going to have to keep an eye on the Ice Falcon site myself. I've been looking at a riveted maille hauberk or haubergeon for a while for my Teutonic Knight and late 14th C gonner. Now that I have two gonnes, I guess I need to get moving on the armor for the earlier period. I have so much planned right now though, that I'm not sure if I can swing it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version