"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
                -- Thomas Edison

Author Topic: Arms and Armor Hungarian Axe ebay listing  (Read 3056 times)

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
Arms and Armor Hungarian Axe ebay listing
« on: 2010-09-18, 07:42:23 »
http://cgi.ebay.com/Arms-and-Armor-Hungarian-Axe-/120622802183?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c15ade507

This axe will normally cost you around $170+ to get it shipped to your door. I'm offering it at a much lower rate. Please feel free to ask any questions, and I do combine shipping so please take a look at my other auctions. Below is a description form the A&A sight.

Carried by the foot soldiers of Eastern Europe, this deadly axe was a very versatile weapon. The long edge and sharp point could be used to cut and thrust. The handle length allowed for easy carrying and movement, being less cumbersome than a pole weapon, yet it still had the reach to counteract swords and other long-handled weapons.

Original: 16th century, Muzeum Wojska Polskiego

Overall length: 51"; Blade: 10" x 6.5"

Das Bill

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Acolyte
Re: Arms and Armor Hungarian Axe ebay listing
« Reply #1 on: 2010-09-18, 13:05:50 »
I own one of these. Its shockingly sweet. It really makes you realize just how bad most "historical" axes on the market are... this one moves so cleanly, and is so light. "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts." :)
"A despondent heart will always be defeated, regardless of skill." -Master Sigmund Ringeck

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
« Reply #2 on: 2010-09-18, 13:43:10 »
i handled Sir Edwards and was quite surprised how how much I truly loved this little axe. I wish I could own one someday

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 2010-09-21, 13:37:26 »
Oop, it ended already.  Like I need another weapon...but I do not yet have an axe!  Would the owner be willing to trade?  I have a H/T GSoW that I've been looking to rid myself of; nothing wrong with it, never been cut with, just doesn't suit me.  Let me know.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€