Main > The Library

Arn: Tempelriddaren

<< < (4/5) > >>

Sir William:
I'm lookin forward to Robin Hood as well...I've heard mixed reviews; some loved it (one of my workout partners is an action movie junkie like me and he knows my style when it comes to medieval-themed movies, he suggested I get it, not just watch it so we'll see) and some did not.

I got an email response from one of the sellers on eBay about the new Arn disc (I have the one that's in Swedish w/subtitles) and he explained that it was English, French and Arabic languages in movie, as well as English subtitles if you wanted to use them.  I took that to mean that I'd understand the majority of the film.

Also, if you're the type who would boycott something due to the political views of the author/originator...don't look Jan Guillou up.  That's all I'll say. 

Sir Edward, w/regard to the magical aspects in the original Excalibur...I read Le Morte d'Arthur first, before I'd read any other versions and from what I remember, there were a lot of fantastical events.

I saw another take on the Arthurian Legend in a movie, the Mists of Avalon, an interesting movie that dealt with the myths from the viewpoint of Arthur's sisters and wife.  Check it out if you ever get the time.

Sir Wolf:
wait which Arn did you get? there are several different versions on amazon

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2010-10-28, 13:24:45 ---wait which Arn did you get? there are several different versions on amazon

--- End quote ---

I got this one (blue ray): http://amzn.com/B003VE9WQA

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Paladin on 2010-10-27, 21:02:33 ---Sir Edward, w/regard to the magical aspects in the original Excalibur...I read Le Morte d'Arthur first, before I'd read any other versions and from what I remember, there were a lot of fantastical events.

I saw another take on the Arthurian Legend in a movie, the Mists of Avalon, an interesting movie that dealt with the myths from the viewpoint of Arthur's sisters and wife.  Check it out if you ever get the time.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I still need to see that one.

I should clarify-- I don't mind magic and fantastical events in the Arthurian stories in general. It's when it's overdone to the point of being cheesy that I have a problem. :)

Sir Wolf:
i saw that one (mists) it was ok but i remember it being very female "anti-male" repressive type hehe

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version