Main > The Library

Arn: Tempelriddaren

(1/5) > >>

Sir William:
This is a Swedish production film, set during the middle of the 12th Century, it tells the story of a young man, part of the family of Folkungs (the other side being the Sverkers) who ends up being sent on a 20 year quest for absolution following a sin committed between him and another.  I'll not tell you the whole story but I'll say this- as far as cinematography, location, and costumes go, this film is top notch.  The only bad thing I could say is that there is no real English version...mine's in Swedish with English subtitles- some segments are in English but then revert back to Swedish.  For some this won't be a problem but it is what prohibits my wife from watching it in depth.

I loved it; and it is but the first of a trilogy of books so I look forward to future installments if they make them.  In truth, I loved it so much that I just HAD to have Arn's sword so...a year or so later I found myself w/some free cash and I got it, from Albion.  A true beauty.

Sir Edward:

Sweet! Yeah, I have a copy of the film on order, but it's a pre-order through amazon. I'm assuming it's subtitled as well. The sword really looks great, though I haven't had a chance to handle it. But it's an Albion. I'm sure I'd love it. The only one of theirs I've handled that I don't care for (in terms of feel) is, ironically, one of the Museum Line pieces and thus is designed to handle exactly like the museum original... The St. Maurice.

Sir Wolf:
ive been wanting to see this one as well. can't wait. we need a movie watching party Sir Edward!

Sir William:
Ahhh yes, the St. Maurice- I've heard others say the same; with a balance point 9" or more out from the guard, it definitely is not one I'd call lively in the hand but in use, from a mounted position, it must've been devastating.  For me, anything with a PoB further than 6" I'm probably not going to favor.

I've only handled a couple of Albions and this one is my first; I thought about amassing a number of Albions but I've got one, I love it but I think I'm going to move onto custom swords.  At one time I wanted a collection like Bill's but you know, there just isn't enough years left to me to do that!  LOL

Plus, I've been loving Odinblades from afar for years and its time I owned one.  Or three.

Sir Edward:

Yes, that is one downside to the Albions. Some of them are expensive enough to start pushing against the price boundary for custom or even some period-antique swords. Thankfully not all of them are that bad. The Crecy is affordable and is a wonderful sword. The Museum Line are very expensive of course, but a few of the Next Gen line are getting a bit high as well, such as the Dane.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version