Main > The Armoury

House of the Dirk and Arrow is Open Again! Banner Slots Open

<< < (5/7) > >>

Aiden of Oreland:
Looks nice, just need to get my heraldry together and I may buy or make one myself. Though, $100-$200 could be a new piece of armor for me  :)

Sir Edward:

It's also "outdoor safe". They use an outdoor canvas paint, so you don't have to worry about getting it rained on.

Mike W.:
Well I'll give it a shot and see how much I spend on materials and keep track of how many hours I invest and see if my calculated rate approaches theirs. My philosophy has always been "Attempt to make it yourself, then if you cannot, buy it."

Sir Brian:

--- Quote from: Baron de Magnan on 2014-03-18, 20:21:02 ---Well I'll give it a shot and see how much I spend on materials and keep track of how many hours I invest and see if my calculated rate approaches theirs. My philosophy has always been "Attempt to make it yourself, then if you cannot, buy it."
--- End quote ---

The section of your comment I highlighted is truly a subjective variable as far as calculating costs! When I was decades younger my time was never factored into anything because I had a plethora of it. Yet as you get older and you accumulate more and more demands upon your time it becomes a premium and thus becomes more difficult to assign a monetary value upon it if you are fortunately blessed with more income than time. Another consideration we all must contend with is allocating our time and resources between what we can reasonable expect to fabricate and what is plausibly available that conforms to your personal preferences in quality.

Sir William:

--- Quote from: Baron de Magnan on 2014-03-17, 19:53:03 ---If it's just paint on canvas, couldn't it just be done yourself? It seems a bit expensive for what looks like a weekend's worth of work.

--- End quote ---

Unless I can get it done in 4 hours or less, it'd be worthwhile for me to just go and buy it.  My time's tight as it is.

Edited to add: I see Sir Brian said it better.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version