Main > The Armoury

House of the Dirk and Arrow is Open Again! Banner Slots Open

<< < (4/7) > >>

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2014-03-17, 13:38:42 ---Well I’ve finally got around to ordering my gonfalon from Dirk & Arrow. Here is a photo of the almost finished product!

--- End quote ---

And only 5 years later! It's like you're on one of my kinda schedules. ;)

--- Quote from: Don Jorge on 2014-03-17, 13:50:25 ---How much are they? Now that I am registering my heraldry with the SCA I will want one :)

--- End quote ---

Depends on the complexity, they will give you a quote if you send them a picture. The Templar one I had done was $100 and I believe my personal heraldry one was about $200 or a bit less.

Sir Brian:

--- Quote from: Sir James A on 2014-03-17, 15:39:07 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2014-03-17, 13:38:42 ---Well I’ve finally got around to ordering my gonfalon from Dirk & Arrow. Here is a photo of the almost finished product!

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Yes why procrastinate today what you can just as easily procrastinate tomorrow. ;)

Mike W.:
If it's just paint on canvas, couldn't it just be done yourself? It seems a bit expensive for what looks like a weekend's worth of work.

Sir Brian:

--- Quote from: Baron de Magnan on 2014-03-17, 19:53:03 ---If it's just paint on canvas, couldn't it just be done yourself? It seems a bit expensive for what looks like a weekend's worth of work.
--- End quote ---

Well yeah but there is also that little thing I seriously lack called artistic talent which my older brother and sister was blessed with in abundance and left none for me! ;)

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2014-03-17, 17:44:38 ---
--- Quote from: Sir James A on 2014-03-17, 15:39:07 ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Yes why procrastinate today what you can just as easily procrastinate tomorrow. ;)

--- End quote ---

Good question, I'll let you know later. ;)

--- Quote from: Baron de Magnan on 2014-03-17, 19:53:03 ---If it's just paint on canvas, couldn't it just be done yourself? It seems a bit expensive for what looks like a weekend's worth of work.

--- End quote ---

It's not really "just paint". The cost includes the canvas, cutting the canvas, sewing the canvas including the loops at the top, the pole it hangs from, the rope to hang it with, shipping costs *and* the design painting. When they did mine, they even sent a penciled outline of them for approval before they started painting. You don't have to send them a banner to paint, all the materials start to finish are included in the price.

It's a little bit like saying armor is "just some bent metal with rivets in it" - and them's fightin' words! 8)

I suffer from "artis non-existis", lack of artistic talent, just the same as Sir Brian does, so it was worth paying someone a bit to do exactly what I wanted without me trying multiple times, messing them all up, and throwing things into a corner while muttering profanities under my breath and then finding someone to make it anyway.

If you can do it yourself, go for it! And then post pictures. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version