Main > The Armoury

Improving my faire kit

<< < (9/10) > >>

Sir Edward:

Nothing special really. Both my mantles are completely different. The simple one I'm using the with leather crest is a deformed triangle. Basically think of a triangle with one point aiming backwards and a flat edge across the front so it can drape down to the sides, but with the part of the triangle in the center that sits over the back edge of the helm's flat top being "pulled" upward (a curvature in the center seam), to help the back drape down.

I didn't get so fancy on the other one. I think it was just a triangle, or would be if the seams came together, but instead they're pinned around the edges of the crest's base, so the sides drape down further that they would if it were sewn shut. Something like that.

Sir Wolf:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250434848483 looks like I'll have to get this one. the other guy kept bidding it up too high. hmmm will paint stick to brass? hmm wonder if I could tin it.

Sir Brian:
Sure, just give it a couple coats of primer. I like that one btw!  :)

Sir Wolf:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2009-06-06, 16:58:54 ---Sure, just give it a couple coats of primer. I like that one btw!  :)

--- End quote ---

:) then tell people to stop bidding on it ;) grrrrrrrrrr. this is frustrating.

Sir Matthew:
I debuted some of the new additions to my kit yesterday at the Midsummer Ren Faire in Lehighton, Pa.  I had sewn around the plates in my Brigandine to make them stand out a bit more and to make my brig a bit different from what I see everyone else with one wearing.  I also took my Snapsack, which I put a pair of pants, shirt, cloak, two pair of stockings, pouch with my dice and some fake coins, jewels, etc., my wrought iron silverware, and a mouth harp in to look more authentic (believe it or not I still had some room in it too).  I got a great many compliments on how authentice I looked in the armor and with that on.  I must have been asked about ten times if I was SCA and everyone was astonished I was not yet looked so authentic.  I did learn a few things I need to change to fine tune carrying the snapsack for PaRF, but it looks like things should go well with it.  It was a nice practice run for this season.  Now I just need to get my bone dice made and find a deck of period playing cards I like. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version