Main > The Armoury

Improving my faire kit

<< < (3/10) > >>

Sir Wolf:
ordered the shield like Sir Brian. there not open till Tuesday so it'll be a week or so till thats here.

Sir Wolf:
status update, I got the right mail sleeve finally to length. now all I have to do is sew it up and give it a good sand bath t get the oil off the rings I used.  we'll see how I feel about adding mittens or length to the hauberk after I figure out the legs.  ugg my fingers, ugg my BACK! I aint no spring chicken any more

Sir Edward:

lol, yeah. When working on mail, I try to get into a groove, reclined back in front of the TV and working on the stuff in my lap, instead of hunched over it. With 2 pairs of bent needle-nose pliers, it doesn't mess up your fingers much. :)

Sir Brian:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2009-05-30, 13:44:10 ---woah thats awesome Sir Brian! my humble thank yous would not even be enough for such a gift.

thanks for the surcoat thoughts.  the 5.3 weight is what I usually use for all of my linen needs. I was thinking of using the Surger around the edges and seams since linen has that fun way of unraveling hehehe.

my helmet dates from 1275 to 1300 AD so thats the range I think I may shoot for. so I think I really need to get moving on finishing the sleeves/mittens for my hauberk and then putting mail on my legs.... who wants to have a mail making party? hehehehe.

I also need to make a decent heater.  I just hope I can get that bloody curve right at the bottom.

the more I look at brass rubbing's the more it looks like the waist belt is really small (could be a rope belt even) and the sword belt is wide.... guess I gotta make one of those too.  any issues with the cut down, epoxied blades at the MDRF yet?

--- End quote ---

You are quite welcome to the spurs. Just drop me a personal message with your shipping address and
I'll get them in the mail for you. Good choice on the shield! I regretfully cannot offer you the the same
as I did for Sir Ed and get it painted for you because I have not had the access to the same resources
as I did then, nor does it look like I will anytime soon.   :(

As for a goat crest you could go with just the goat horns (then you'd be horny as a goat!)  :D
All puns aside that is a plausible alternative to representing a charge, i.e. having just a portion of the
charge represented.

As for the stencils you may have to go the way of Sir Ed and fabricate your own. His turned out most
magnificently!

As near as I can tell with MDRF and the cut and epoxied blades...they are still allowed. The security
may closely scrutinize you but I've found that they consider my and Ed's harnesses to be so fetching
that they loath to despoil the affect they have by denying us the whole ensemble.  ;)

Sir Brian:
Apologies for the double post but I wanted the links to be easier to access.

Here is are some possible goat figures:
http://www.catholicmedalsgifts.com/goat-figure-p-11208.html

http://www.stjudeshop.com/product/fontanini-nativity-standing-goat-figure/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version