Main > The Armoury

Improving my faire kit

<< < (2/10) > >>

Sir Wolf:
woah thats awesome Sir Brian! my humble thank yous would not even be enough for such a gift.

thanks for the surcoat thoughts.  the 5.3 weight is what I usually use for all of my linen needs. I was thinking of using the Surger around the edges and seams since linen has that fun way of unraveling hehehe.

my helmet dates from 1275 to 1300 AD so thats the range I think I may shoot for. so I think I really need to get moving on finishing the sleeves/mittens for my hauberk and then putting mail on my legs.... who wants to have a mail making party? hehehehe.

I also need to make a decent heater.  I just hope I can get that bloody curve right at the bottom.

the more I look at brass rubbing's the more it looks like the waist belt is really small (could be a rope belt even) and the sword belt is wide.... guess I gotta make one of those too.  any issues with the cut down, epoxied blades at the MDRF yet?

Sir Edward:
Mail-making parties are a good idea. As long as it doesn't just turn into a purely social event, and people actually work on it, it's a great way to get things done. I still have more mail work to do on mine too.

You're right about the belts, from what I've seen. Most belts people wear to faire and the like are way too thick and wide. I'm guilty of this as well. :) Period belts tended to be much thinner and more flexible, with the sword belts being a bit heavier due to needed strength.

Sir Wolf:
well catastrophe.  I was making my heather this morning and split the wood in half. UG!!!!!!!!!! So I'm trying to convince the wife to let me pick up one of these http://www.kultofathena.com/product~item~AH6758~name~Small+Medieval+Wooden+Shield.htm  I could redo the strapping or what have you since Sir Brian gave me the warnings.  now as far as the stencil, I can not find a large seashell nor a rampart lion. and the more I look the more I like the grey/silver (metal) vs just the white(metal)

and who'd a thunk I need a goat on top of my head ;) anyone know of something that would work for that?

Sir Edward:

Yeah, the shields from KoA are a very cost effective way to go. No idea on the goat. :)

Sir Wolf:
maybe i'll make my helm have  a small beard hehe get it goattee hehe sorry ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version