Main > The Armoury

My new tin !!!

(1/2) > >>

Sir Gerard de Rodes:
At long last........ my new 14th century plate arrived today from Lancaster Armouries  ;D ;D

I say at long last because I sold my old plate to my brother, before Christmas, on the understanding that I would have received the new stuff well before the first gig of the season. Of course the fist gig came along..... but no armour  ??? I managed to borrow someone elses tin, as he was wearing his shiny new stuff, but this also had been promised to someone who was getting pretty desperate too. Eventually, after the last gig we did, I had to give my mates armour to it`s new owner. I pleaded with the armorer to get a move on with my harness, so that I`d have it in time for our next major event.
 I waited.....and waited, feeling more and more naked without my armour, then........... HALLELUJAH !!!...... it turned up this morning, just 2 days before our event at Eastnor castle  ;D ;D.  It fits, moves and looks amazing, and all without any faffing about with adjustments. I am now a very happy ( and safely protected) knight ::) 

I will get a few photo`s together as soon as I have it all on with my other poncy bits and bobs.

;)

Sir Edward:

Excellent, I look forward to seeing the pics! It seems that armor, for whatever reason, almost always seems to take longer than the armourer expects. I love when it comes just in time though (or rather, I hate that, but it's far better than it coming late!)...  My Albion Baron was like that. I ordered it 6 months in advance to have it for VARF last year, and it came THE DAY BEFORE I went, and was delivered about TWO MINUTES before the building closed (had it shipped to my job). Closest call I've ever had on a delivery time.

Sir Brian:
Congratulations on the new harness! I can't wait to see the pics. Maybe you could get a few action
shots as well?  ;D

Sir Gerard de Rodes:
Well here it is.
All I need, to finish it off, is an aventail for my hundskull, a maile skirt,maile voiders and sabatons.
I`m also considering getting it trimmed with brass on the edges etc etc.
Under my tabard I am wearing a wisby style C.O.P.

I`m the one in the blue, not the one in the gold dress lol  ::), that`s my little princess Caralee.
Feel free to check out any other pictures on this photo site, they are all taken at our events over the last couple of years.

http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/JOBO_028/Malvern09/?action=view&current=013.jpg

Sir Edward:

That's looking great! Nice job with the Lion design too. If you get the brass edging, that would look pretty sharp.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version