Main > The Armoury

My new tin !!!

<< < (2/2)

Sir Wolf:
awesome!! why the mail parts and not just the mail shirt? 14thc rigs still wore full shirts instead of the breakups like the voiders/skirts/standards etc in the 15thc. still it looks great and I wish I had a rig like that :)

your lil princess looks prefect :) i have one myself hehe

Sir Brian:
Excellent harness Sir Gerard! I really like the attention to detail you've put into it.  ;D

Oh and I have a little princess as well and they are great, but why is it they need the most
safeguarding when they and you get older? Not to mention the dowry (wedding) you end up having
to pay out when their prince charming manages to charm his way past your castle defenses and wins
her heart!  ;)

Sir Wolf:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2009-07-01, 07:39:14 --- Not to mention the dowry (wedding) you end up having
to pay out when their prince charming manages to charm his way past your castle defenses and wins
her heart!  ;)

--- End quote ---

ya what's with that? shouldn't he have to pay you?

Sir Gerard de Rodes:
Cheers guys,
Sir Wolf, I did consider the maile hauberk, but as we do full contact, I prefared the protection given by the coat of plates. COP over a hauberk, although authentic, is just a little too much for running around in like a big kid at my age  ::) but thanks for the suggestion.
It`s a good job you can`t zoom in too close as the attention to detail aint all that good either  ;) The harness comes as standard with modern, chromed buckles so eventually these will be replaced with authentic brass ones. Lets just hope I can get it looking really nice before the bloody Welsh dent it too much  :-\ lol.

Yes little princess` don`t stay little for long. My eldest princess is 22 now and is happily with her prince/frog lol. My eldest son is 18 and is a combatent in our group too as my squire, Ralph de Rodes. It`s great when the whole family gets into a hoby like this aint it? It makes it much easier to blag the missus when you need to splash out on new kit  ;)

Thanks for the coments guys. Any suggestions for cheap supliers, for any of the bits and pieces I need, would be much apreciated.

G

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version