Main > The Armoury

Appropriate gauntlet for 1350-ish kit?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Ian:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2015-02-24, 00:19:41 ---Man at that price they would be excellent for harnischfechten and even useable for Blossfechten with a perhaps a better quality glove insert. I might have to get them just for those possibilities alone! ;)

--- End quote ---

That price is exactly what makes me weary about using them for anything other than costuming.

Sir Brian:
Oh I have no allusions that they will be crap out of the box for any real practical use in Blossfechten, but for harnischfechten the requirements for mobility and impact protection is so much less since the thrust is the primary attack.  ;)

In fact Sir Patrick, you wouldn't be out that much to invest in a nice pair of medium weight deerskin gloves (Falconry gauntlets are excellent) and replace them for those shoddy suede inserts. You can add some extra hidden padding in the fingers as well and stitch the wider cuff of the falconry gauntlets to the upper cuff. - Well that's what I'm going to do with mine when I get them! ;)

Thorsteinn:
Maybe hit up 3 Turrets, Windrose, or Icefalcon for you hand protection?

Save a bit & hit up Surly Anvil?

Sir James A:
Great info, Ian!

--- Quote from: Ian on 2015-02-24, 01:09:26 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2015-02-24, 00:19:41 ---Man at that price they would be excellent for harnischfechten and even useable for Blossfechten with a perhaps a better quality glove insert. I might have to get them just for those possibilities alone! ;)

--- End quote ---

That price is exactly what makes me weary about using them for anything other than costuming.

--- End quote ---

I would take them for Blossfechten over just a set of lacrosse gloves or other similar lower end protection, but perhaps the best thing to do would be remove the glove that comes with them and sew in a set of lacrosse gloves instead.

Thorsteinn:
Street Hokey or some of the modded gloves that Ice sells minus most of the wrist padding. Though felted wool or Sorbothane would be better still.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version