Main > The Armoury

Some help with a new helmet please

(1/2) > >>

Sir Hancz:
Hey guys, i'm back, and i'm looking for a new helmet, so some suggestions would be appreciated. I'm looking for a new pig face bascinet, typically one for under 400 or 300$. I want a bascinet that is very well made, has a detachable visor like most back then did, and one that was used during 1350-1450. Thanks, any suggestions would be appreciated, and as always, I appreciate your support immensely.

Henrik Granlid:
Could you try narrowing the era a bit more? Right now you're asking for suggestions for a good military rifle from somewhere between 1915 and 201,  try to narrow it to a 30 or 20 year period.

Also, do you want it with a center hinge or a side pivot?

What are you going to use it for? That is, is there a thickness requirement?

Sir Hancz:

--- Quote from: Henrik Granlid on 2015-02-15, 10:55:17 ---Could you try narrowing the era a bit more? Right now you're asking for suggestions for a good military rifle from somewhere between 1915 and 201,  try to narrow it to a 30 or 20 year period.

Also, do you want it with a center hinge or a side pivot?

What are you going to use it for? That is, is there a thickness requirement?

--- End quote ---

Yes, my apologies for not narrowing it down any more than I did, maybe a bascinet used during the battle of agincourt 1415. I would like it to have a side pivot, as most of them usually did. The thickness does not matter to much, as I am just collecting armors. Thanks for helping me out!

Henrik Granlid:
Well, Marshal Historica makes an allright grand bascinet, which would've been the height of fashion during the Battle of Agincourt, alongside possible Kastenbrust kits and their proto-closehelms.

There's of course always different bascinets that aren't super new as well, but if you want something iconic, a grand bascinet from marshal Historica should fit your budget.

http://www.thetimeseller.com/product/6398/0/0/1/2/Great-Bascinet-1400-1450.htm

There should be a retailer somewhere in the US, otherwise, you've got something to look for.

Sir Hancz:

--- Quote from: Henrik Granlid on 2015-02-15, 17:52:39 ---Well, Marshal Historica makes an allright grand bascinet, which would've been the height of fashion during the Battle of Agincourt, alongside possible Kastenbrust kits and their proto-closehelms.

There's of course always different bascinets that aren't super new as well, but if you want something iconic, a grand bascinet from marshal Historica should fit your budget.

http://www.thetimeseller.com/product/6398/0/0/1/2/Great-Bascinet-1400-1450.htm

There should be a retailer somewhere in the US, otherwise, you've got something to look for.

--- End quote ---

That is exactly what I wanted actually, thank you very much for your help!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version