Main > The Armoury

Maille mittens

(1/3) > >>

Sir Ulrich:

So I got contacted by some indian vendor on facebook. Normally I'm weary of ordering from outside the USA, but I saw that someone else bought something off of them and gave a good review so I decided to take the risk. I ordered these on saturday on the weekend and they got here just today. In all honesty they're pretty good quality. Cost 97 dollars plus shipping. They're a little wide for me but my thumb fits fine and with my mittens on my gambeson they fit fine. I do want to somehow attach them to my hauberk one day but lack the materials and experience to do so. These are 16 gauge round riveted round ring blackened maille mittens. Though I do have trouble putting the second one on myself due to the cuffs being quite snug. I gotta get used to being a crab with only pincers rather than a hand. But I am satisfied with them despite them being on the heavier side of maille.

Sir Edward:

Very cool. Mittens are one of those things that a lot of people tend to overlook.

Sir William:
Glad you got the mittens and not the maille gauntlets; good looking pair too.

Lord Dane:
Certainly more historical for the Crusader era genre. They look good!! I find mitts too hard to grip certain weapons with and retain so I will shy away from them for practical combat in maille armor.

Sir James A:
Excellent :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version