Main > The Armoury

All Best Stuff mail

(1/5) > >>

Sir James A:
Did a custom order from Nitin at All Best Stuff. Similar to what they have in stock, but I wanted slightly longer sleeves and a slightly longer hem (darn you, Oreos!). They did the sleeve taper for me too. He set it up as a custom item, and I paid for it. Cool, great communication so far. It's a couple weeks until Days of Knights, and I just paid for this, so chances are I won't get it in time. It was a last ditch effort to have a set of 6mm mail (fauld and voiders) in time for Days of Knights.

I ordered sleeves from IceFalcon back in Feb/Mar that still haven't arrived and are now scheduled for October (although he was told August and it kept getting pushed back). No complaints, he had a discount on in-stock items and I ordered loose rings/rivets, sleeves, a standard, and a fauld. He shipped the rings/rivets, standard and fauld right away. I knew the sleeves weren't in stock, but he still gave me the discount on them anyway, and only charged half down. He's fantastic at customer service, and the delay on the sleeves is in no way his fault at all, it's his supplier.

Now, Nitin sent an email today at 10:30 that said the package has been sent (I assume from India) and with a tracking number. It's 3:30 pm, and I just got time to check my email. I thought, well, it probably won't be in the tracking system yet, but let me check and see if it maybe has an estimated delivery date so I can arrange to be home when it arrives, or at least make sure somebody gets it for me if it's going to come when I'm at DoK.

What?? ??? Lo and behold, a box with that familiar smell of new mail.  :o

No joke. I think they have some sort of teleportation wizards working there or something. I ordered it on September 17th and they built it and I have it in my hands one week later. I'm not going to be a tease and post a picture of the unopened box...

Sir Rodney:
You are a very naughty Knight indeed, Sir James.  Show us a picture of the unopened box at least…

Mike W.:
I'm afraid to ask, what are their shipping rates?

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Baron de Magnan on 2014-09-25, 17:11:56 ---I'm afraid to ask, what are their shipping rates?

--- End quote ---

It was $85. It's high, but not bad overall, considering the lower price of the item.

Sir Nate:

--- Quote from: Sir James A on 2014-09-26, 21:41:27 ---
--- Quote from: Baron de Magnan on 2014-09-25, 17:11:56 ---I'm afraid to ask, what are their shipping rates?

--- End quote ---

It was $85. It's high, but not bad overall, considering the lower price of the item.

--- End quote ---
My Hauberk was 90. So I guess weight isn't the issue when shipping.
My hauberk took 3 weeks for them to make, but the shipping took about 3 days, if my memory serves me correctly.
you saw my hauberk at fairy festival, but how do you feel about the quality of your Mail?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version