Main > The Courtyard

Stamina Training by wearing armor

<< < (3/5) > >>

Sir Nate:
Although I only did it once for an hour, I did do some armor conditioning in my butted haubergeon(which is about 20lbs)
This was only after I had gained pretty good stamina without armor.
I did 15 laps around a 30ft. Circle. Push-ups, sit ups, pushing a trampoline around my yard while holding the area I was pushing above my head(and there where wheels on the other side) and then lifting with a cinder bloxk.
At the end of that hour I was felt ready to pass out of heat exhaustion.
It was not the smartest thing I have ever done
Definitely would advise just walking as above have said.

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2014-08-14, 20:35:00 ---
Definitely, I agree with what others have said. Don't run in the armor.

Going for walks in the armor, perhaps on varied terrain, would probably be more suitable. Just going up a hill in the armor will be strenuous enough. :)

--- End quote ---

Heh I've combined both in my full kit. Then completely regretted it halfway up the hill.

Lord Dane:
I did 3 hours in full plate harness. Never again. I was begging to get it off. I have done 6 hours in maille without a sweat. But that has limits too.

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2014-08-14, 20:35:00 ---Just going up a hill in the armor will be strenuous enough. :)

--- End quote ---

I tried to go uphill, reasonably far, in a hurry, in full harness, earlier this year at the MDFF. I had to stop for a breather twice. I'll vouch that it's a strenous activity. :)

Paulus von Zurich:
Consider putting your hauberk in a small backpack and hiking around or simply walking around the neighborhood with it. Gradually build up your distance and speed with it on your back. This way you will enjoy the benifits of exercise without making your neighbors worry you are a candidate for the Looneybin.

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Sir James A on 2014-08-18, 14:49:36 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2014-08-14, 20:35:00 ---Just going up a hill in the armor will be strenuous enough. :)

--- End quote ---

I tried to go uphill, reasonably far, in a hurry, in full harness, earlier this year at the MDFF. I had to stop for a breather twice. I'll vouch that it's a strenous activity. :)

--- End quote ---

There's always "heart-attack hill" at MDRF back behind the bookstore area. Stamina-training season (AKA MDRF season) is starting shortly. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version