Main > The Armoury

Historical Robin Hood kit

<< < (7/8) > >>

Sir Rodney:
Check out Grey Goose Bows.

Cameron Christian-Weir is a local guy who is very active in the SCA scene and teaches longbow making classes at many MN / WI events.  He’s a straight shooter (pun intended) and a hell of a great guy.

Lord Dane:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2014-06-29, 02:10:46 ---yew is the best, then is it white ash? do NOT get red oak, its open pours will tend to break. yew is actually bad for eastern us climate. too humid will make the bow warp and lose it's shape.

while not in use de-string your bow.

no arrow rests or leather hand guards should be on your bow. horn tips on for certain time frames.

--- End quote ---

Sir Wolf is correct. However, if you laminate the yew with a lacquer, it keeps the moisture out of it due to climatic conditions that cause the warping.

Sir Ulrich:
I am waiting on the bow until I find one affordable one thats laminated possibly hand made as well. My friend has a few bow crafters he knows so I am gonna check out his stuff too. I actually just ordered an english knight's tunic so I can play him as his "saxon noble" self as well though it's cotton not linen it's something I wanted for a while. I plan to have 2 parts for this kit the "saxon noble" part and the "outlaw" part.

Ian:

--- Quote from: Sir Ulrich on 2014-07-04, 19:38:27 ---I am waiting on the bow until I find one affordable one thats laminated possibly hand made as well. My friend has a few bow crafters he knows so I am gonna check out his stuff too. I actually just ordered an english knight's tunic so I can play him as his "saxon noble" self as well though it's cotton not linen it's something I wanted for a while. I plan to have 2 parts for this kit the "saxon noble" part and the "outlaw" part.

--- End quote ---

Grey Goose Bows will have a shop at Pennsic.  You should make a day trip to PA and pick up a nice yew longbow! :)  And pick me one up too!

Sir Wolf:
oh sure, pay the 80-150 buck entrance fee for a bow lol. think i'd pay the 25 dollar shipping lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version