Main > The Armoury

Historical Robin Hood kit

<< < (4/8) > >>

Sir Ulrich:
Would get wool but I dont see any green tunics for sale made of wool or chausses even. Seems to be all sold out. Tailored tunics is all but totally swamped with orders and I dont feel like waiting a year for a commission. I can either sew it myself and probably fail hard because I got a really shoddy machine or take what I can get from HE. I need a second set of clothing for my father anyway for the next DoK as he actually wants to participate this time, I already have a set of soft shoes he can borrow as our feet are the same size and I know he wont wear chausses and braies or any form of "hard shoes" so he'll have to borrow a set of my MRL Robin Hood pants for an anglo saxon impression due to the fact he likes England which can easily be hidden with the leg wraps if they're too farby to be shown..

Sir Wolf:
just wait till post pensic. then things will be back in stock and custom orders will be back in a week week delivery range

Sir Ulrich:
I already got the light green tunic and some chausses should arrive soon, I was checking all their stuff on their page and it has a slight blueish tinge and isnt puke green at all. Should work fine for the Robin Hood getup and a second soft kit. I plan to use my reeve with this outfit as it's the most English sword I own and as I'm portraying him as a saxon outlaw it's perfect for that. Now my question is what kind of bow should I get? I want a good one and I am weary about buying low quality ones, I just want one plus about 12-24 arrows to go with it. I dont plan to use the arrows for shooting  as I would rather mess up cheap replaceable ones. My budget for the bow is around 200 bucks.

Lord Chagatai:
Coming from a Mongol point of view...recurved one!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sir Ulrich:
I do know recurved longbows did exist in the 1500s. I will have to ask a few people around about if they did exist in the 1250s. Doing more research I looked up what kind of greens would of been used in period and there really wasnt any greens that were bright and vibrant as they would of been more natural and earthly toned.
I have decided I am gonna use my 12th century shoes with this kit which should be fine. I may or may not need a cloak and I am gonna use my regular 13th century copper hood with the outfit. I will be using my Albion Reeve with the kit as well as it's a perfect Englishman's sword. I am debating on picking up a buckler for this kit as well and I will not be getting a quiver for the arrows but I may use an arrow bag instead.
Tunic came I just wish they gave me the chausses colors for the tunic instead though I assume it was meant to be lighter with the tunic and darker with the legs.

Most tell me to keep it but I am not sure if he would of worn such a faded color and I am a bit hesitant to wash it to shrink it to my size cause I am worried the colors may run lighter. Pics dont do it justice because it seems greener in person rather than the cam which distorts colors but heres the contrast.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version