Main > The Armoury

Want to make a Shield

<< < (4/4)

Sir Nate:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2014-06-04, 19:49:12 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Naythan on 2014-06-04, 01:39:32 ---
--- Quote from: Sir William on 2014-06-03, 19:27:21 ---Yeoldgaffer's an old SBG poster who decided to make his own armor stands, scabbards w/belts, and shields.  He wrote up some really in-depth how-to's if you're interested; Douglas posted the link to his site.

I would also second Oakheart Armory; the last two shields I had commissioned came from them and they're really willing and able to work with you.  Rather than going with a blank, I had them make up two complete shields, with arm straps and neck/guige strap to hang from the back; one was rimmed in steel and painted with my heraldic colors and the other was a Templar one-off (not the beauseant version, white with a red cross) same layout and both shields were around $120 or so when it was all said and done.

--- End quote ---

So it only comes out to about 60 to have it customized?

--- End quote ---

No, for each shield.  You're only going for one at the moment, right?

--- End quote ---

Soon yes.

Sir Nate:

--- Quote from: Thorsteinn on 2014-06-04, 18:18:22 ---Yeah if you've got a hundred then I'd go the buy route. Have you posted what you're looking for on the Armor Archive?

--- End quote ---

The Heck is an Armor Archive?

--- Quote from: D.Shortt on 2014-06-04, 19:27:15 ---Making a shield can be pretty low budget some times. BUT that is really only if you already have the tools needed. If not, The material + tools at the same time can get very pricey.

--- End quote ---

I have neither

Sir William:
http://www.armourarchive.com

This is a larger, longer established forum w/a lot more people in a lot of age ranges, but none as young as you are.  Most of them seem to be between the ages of 25 to 55 for the most part; you'll want to keep the more youthful outbursts to a minimum there.  Unless you're on the Political board; but you'll want real thick skin if you plan on bouncing around in there.

Sir Patrick:
Second that. Best to lurk a while. You can find an answer to just about anything over there if your search-fu is good.

Sir Nate:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2014-06-05, 16:03:43 ---http://www.armourarchive.com

This is a larger, longer established forum w/a lot more people in a lot of age ranges, but none as young as you are.  Most of them seem to be between the ages of 25 to 55 for the most part; you'll want to keep the more youthful outbursts to a minimum there.  Unless you're on the Political board; but you'll want real thick skin if you plan on bouncing around in there.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Sir Patrick on 2014-06-05, 16:18:24 ---Second that. Best to lurk a while. You can find an answer to just about anything over there if your search-fu is good.

--- End quote ---

I can remain unseen if I wish. If I do Need to respond or ask a question it shall be asked in a basic manor, without hint of my youthfulness.
My search-fu is very good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version