Main > The Armoury

Dark Sword Armory swords?

(1/3) > >>

Sir Humphrey:
Can anyone give me a general assessment of Dark Sword Armory products?  I'm considering their Henry V sword.  They are sort of in the middle, price wise, between the CAS version at $160 and the A&A version at $699 for the same style arming sword.  Also when DSA says "blunt" how blunt are we talking, just not sharp or truly blunt.  Thanks!

Ian:
DSA is probably the most controversial production sword maker on the planet.

There's a lot of drama with regard to their honesty as a business, just search for any thread on DSA on myarmoury.com and you'll find stuff about where they really forge swords, to copying other smith's work...

That being said, some of their swords are ok, some of their swords are crap.  They don't offer historical blade geometry, but some models appear nice enough.  Sir Nathan owns one of their swords and it has served him very well.

Sir James A:
I've handled Sir Nathan's DSA, and it was a good blade. Exactly what you'd expect given the price point; between Windlass and Albion. Quality on par with the price.

Mike W.:
I've seen very polar opinions. Some hate it, others love it. A lot of the discourse on DSA seems a bit negatively biased. The largest complaint is quality control and customer service. I haven't bought from them myself, but had considered it. I'd say proceed with caution.

Aiden of Oreland:
I think it comes down to "what am I going to use this sword for". Décor, spar, slicing, hacking, etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version