Main > The Courtyard

Longpoint 2014, MD/DC area HEMA event (classes & tournaments)

<< < (2/9) > >>

Sir Edward:

That list must be horrifically out of date then. Lovely.

Aiden of Oreland:
What exactly is the purpose of this event?

EDIT: Is it for SCA fighters, to learn, or to watch? I may have to ponder on this. But thanks for the heads up :) I'll have to see how much I do tree and snow work in that time. Is there a limit on the time I have to sign up?

Mike W.:
For what it's worth, I intend to go. It's nice having events that ar around the corner

Sir William:

--- Quote from: Sir Aiden on 2014-02-20, 21:27:48 ---What exactly is the purpose of this event?

EDIT: Is it for SCA fighters, to learn, or to watch? I may have to ponder on this. But thanks for the heads up :) I'll have to see how much I do tree and snow work in that time. Is there a limit on the time I have to sign up?

--- End quote ---

This is for practitioners of historical swordsmanship, that much I know.  I was supposed to attend last year's but couldn't make it; it is held in DC but I don't know much more beyond that.  Sirs Edward, Brian and James have attended in the past- but if you click the link you'll get to see what seminars they're offering.

Sir Edward:

That's right. It's a collection of classes/seminars on Historical Combat, plus tournaments. It's not SCA-related at all. It's part of the modern HEMA movement (Historical European Martial Arts).

The classes and competitions will include wrestling/unarmed, longsword, sword and buckler, test-cutting, and so on.

This year I think it's a 4-day event? I may not go for the whole thing. Maybe Friday-Sunday, or something. I signed up for some of the competitions, so the schedule for those may influence which days I attend.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version