Main > The Armoury

A Late 14th C Pisan

<< < (2/6) > >>

Sir Wolf:
super nice! i do love standards. they help complete the look

Sir James A:
Very nice! Mine looks immensely modern in comparison. I need to get a few pics of it to really highlight  how nicely yours turned out. I never got around to making a better one. Nicky Hughes on DoK was asking about one a while back.. maybe even last year? Tag him on the Book of Faces, he may still be interested in seeing it.

Sir Rodney:
I have a nice riveted mail standard purchased second hand from Sir Edward a LONG time ago just sitting in my workshop waiting for me to do some sewing. 

Time to get off my butt and join the cool kids.

Sir William:
Is this worn in addition to a gorget and/or aventail?  Looking at Sir Ian's avatar, I don't see how you'd ever notice the pisan under the helm and aventail.

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2014-02-07, 14:42:26 ---Is this worn in addition to a gorget and/or aventail?  Looking at Sir Ian's avatar, I don't see how you'd ever notice the pisan under the helm and aventail.

--- End quote ---

Not with a gorget, as this is really a gorget in itself, just made of mail. But yes, they can be worn under the aventail, or with a sallet+bevor (for instance) in the 15th.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version