Main > The Armoury

Question about voiders

<< < (2/2)

Sir Edward:
I laced mine on, using non-period grommets. But I have some very period rust, and probably some period odoriferous qualities. ;)

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Lord Rodney on 2014-02-06, 03:15:29 ---I'm not sure how historically accurate my method is.  I have a leather string laced through the outer edge of the mail.  This lacing stays with the mail permanently.  I then point the voider to my arming coat through an end mail ring AND the lace.  This method makes it easy to remove the voiders for an annual gambeson wash and offers nice stability during combat.

--- End quote ---

That's a really good idea!

Sir James A:
A question near and dear to me as I still need to do mine. I've even seen them with leather edging, and holes in the leather edging to point it to the arming coat.

Sir Wolf:
ya i have seen them pointed on as well. although they sagged in between the points after awhile

i think leather edging would be an extra step. i don't like extra work lol

Sir James A:
I tried sewing mine on for the last few days. I am frustrated beyond words. Even temporary things like trying it with safety pins, I absolutely cannot get them to sit in a way that looks correct, doesn't give a "bag" with my arms down, lets me lift my arms all the way, and sits in proper position.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version