Main > The Armoury

Ed's c.1250-1300 kit(s)

<< < (10/56) > >>

Sir Edward:
Worked the chausses a bit tonight. I'm going to need to add gussets or something to help the expansion around the knee, but as long as I'm careful with sitting down, etc, I'll be able to wear these once I get the second one put together. Right now I just got one reassembled with the leather:

Sir Wolf:
very nicely done!

Sir Brian:
Yes! Looking very good indeed!  :)

Dragonlover:
Looks awesome Sir Edward!
 I always have a dress rehearsal for any combination of things I'm going to wear. Got that from the old SCAdian days and it's even more true now if I know I'm going to be doing a lot of walking or any other exercise. especially if it's a new rig, or different style such as my Samurai yoroi. Lets ya' work the bugs out before they get to be a problem.
  Have a question for all of ya's.... has anyone seen how a 15th cent. longsword was actually carried?
What I mean is, was it carried laterally as with a rapier, or more of the traditional straight down type of position? Any photos of Gothic armor I've seen all have the hands resting on the pommel or its an action shot....Any takers?..... :-\

Sir Wolf:

it usually has its own belt that loops the body. there are several different ways of doing it :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version