"Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared."
                -- Eddie Rickenbacker

Author Topic: Armstreet new harness  (Read 18177 times)

Ian

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: Armstreet new harness
« Reply #30 on: 2014-01-30, 14:13:52 »
Good LH intro for the unwashed, thanks Ian.  Yes, those Maximillian armors are wild.  Saw some of his jousting armor (think it was etched) in Ljubljana last year.  He and Henry VIII really went all out.  Didn't hurt they could afford to, of course :)

Also appreciate all the helpful comments/excellent input from others as well.

While encampment isn't required, we'd like to participate and I hope if we make an effort to conform as close as possible to guidelines and be ready to highlight and explain where we may fall short that we'll be welcome.

I have gone back to the smiths for their take on this, but given materials, techniques and style I'm going to try and research the range of compatability of my harness with the central european field harnesses of the period it acknowledges. 

Any thoughts on that here also appreciated, of course.

If you want, start a new thread on your kit development specifically, give us what you're shooting for as narrow as possible (i.e. what 25 year span you're shooting for, region, status etc), and then we can work from there.
My YouTube Channel - Knyght Errant
My Pinterest

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

Sir Humphrey

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Follower
    • My Author's Website
« Reply #31 on: 2014-01-30, 16:19:30 »
Oh, to be younger and svelter - and wealthy!
My second novel, "The Archer's Son," available now on Amazon Kindle.  Find it at  http://amzn.to/Usavxf

See my history and archeology blog at: http://erasgone.blogspot.com/

SirNathanQ

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • "Nobiscum Deus" "Libertas ad omnes civitates"
« Reply #32 on: 2014-01-30, 18:22:52 »
It's the wealth bit. Trust me, I got youth in spades, and I'm no closer to Jeff Wasson harness than anyone else here...  :P (expecting the case of Sir Ian, who's wearing one in his avatar)
"The maximum use of force is in no way incompatible with the simultaneous use of the intellect." -Carl Von Clausewitz
"He is truly a fearless knight and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith just as his body is protected by armor of steel." -Saint Bernard of Clairvoux

Ian

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #33 on: 2014-01-30, 18:35:48 »
(expecting the case of Sir Ian, who's wearing one in his avatar)

...that took years to acquire...and is still missing pieces :)

Oh, to be younger and svelter - and wealthy!

We've been over this Mark... I can't help with the age or money, but go buy a pair of UDT shorts and come out to Virginia Beach and we'll work on the svelte part!  ;)
« Last Edit: 2014-01-30, 18:36:18 by Ian »
My YouTube Channel - Knyght Errant
My Pinterest

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum