Main > The Great Hall

New to this World...

<< < (9/10) > >>

Ian:
I fear you're putting the cart in front of the horse.  If you're interest is in equipment specifically for a group you're a member of or interested in joining, they will be able to far better guide you in purchases.  We'll happily spend your money all day here, but we also don't want to tell you to buy something, and then you show up to your group without having consulted them, and they tell you you're several hundred dollar gambeson is no good for what they do.

Don Jorge:

--- Quote from: Ian on 2013-11-08, 17:19:06 ---I fear you're putting the cart in front of the horse.  If you're interest is in equipment specifically for a group you're a member of or interested in joining, they will be able to far better guide you in purchases.  We'll happily spend your money all day here, but we also don't want to tell you to buy something, and then you show up to your group without having consulted them, and they tell you you're several hundred dollar gambeson is no good for what they do.

--- End quote ---

Alas none of them have purchased from Svan and Sir William has so I was hoping he could tell me what it is like...my instructor was quite enthused by the shape and design of the original gambeson but did not know how thin it would be and how much protection it would give on its own.

Sir James A:
Revival has a $30 off sale on their cotton gambeson, good until monday.

Don Jorge:
Where do you see that? I still see it at $120 bucks...btw it says Chest 54" and 58" I would normally be a 54 but should I get the bigger one? Anyone know if they run small or large?

btw we are talking about http://revival.us/14thcgambesonitalianzuparello.aspx or http://www.revivalclothing.com/14thcenturylinengambeson.aspx

Sir Edward:

I've had mixed luck with their Revival Clothing's sizing. I think the Gambeson is the only thing I've ordered from them that wasn't the wrong size on the first try. The good news is they're really good about doing exchanges. It's just a hassle to send things back, of course.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version