Main > The Courtyard

Defense against maces....

<< < (2/2)

Thorsteinn:

--- Quote from: Lord Chagatai on 2013-10-11, 20:03:44 ---From someone who has battled maces in the past (SCA fighting) redirecting and then striking is the way to go....I usually would strike the arm that is swinging and then go in for the kill shot. Just 2 cents from an SCA fighter

--- End quote ---

I agree as a long time SCA fighter. Also playing a defensive game is a losing proposition against a mass weapon (Do you allow hand striking?). Mass weapons like flow, or as I tell folks, make the openings and allow the mace to find them, what you need to realize is that you can change directions faster but he can blow through a block.

Interrupt his flow or get him on the defensive and remember that Maces were popular weapons on the battlefield for good reason. THey can be pure nightmares to fight against.

Sir Martyn:
Was this an SCA battle Silvanus?  I also feel for all the two-hander LS training I've done (which may not be much compared to others here), when fighting shield-bearing opponents I also feel more comfortable also using a shield - be it facing mace or one-handed sword.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version