Main > The Armoury

Heraldic Design

<< < (11/27) > >>

Sir James A:
First or second; first is first choice, second is second choice. Purely coincidental.

Don Jorge:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2014-03-07, 19:59:14 ---i like the first one.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I do too but I think towers might be overdone a bit and really like the idea of keys...maybe if I find a different type of key and use some art editing program...

Sir Douglas:
I like the first one, too, but I can understand why you're worried that castles might be overused.

Maybe try a variation with two keys crossed in saltire?
A castle and a key might make for some interesting symbolism, though it would also be that much more difficult to reproduce it on things. ;)

scott2978:
Don't know how much it matters to you guys, but most of what passes for heraldry these days, including the descriptions of the various elements, are not medieval but 16th - 18th century meanings. Heraldry was not an exact science in the middle ages, and there was pretty much no regulation of it for nearly the entire medieval period. Until some time in the 14th century the most common way of acquiring arms was simply to invent them for yourself. It wasn't until 1415 that any official organization existed to regulate them and settle disputes. So if you portay a knight from before then, they sky's really the limit, within reason, and what we know about trends of heraldic design throughout history.

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Don Jorge on 2014-03-07, 18:59:43 ---I like the key I just wish the program let me change it so it was horizontal instead of vertical
--- End quote ---

I missed this since there were pretty pictures.

Pick the object by clicking on the design square in the middle, and it has rotation there. It's mildly wonky but put "0" (without quotes) in the rotation box (it'll be empty by default) and then click the +15 / -15 to rotate it around. You can do 90* for horizontal, or do 45* and -45* with two of them to do crossed keys like you have below.

It's a fairly versatile program given the $0 price tag. :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version