Main > The Armoury

CoP: My winter project!

<< < (5/6) > >>

Allan Senefelder:

--- Quote ---Can you post some pics of the plates laid out inside so I can see the details??
--- End quote ---

Dane, its based on the Wisby I COP. Polarbear included a photocopy of how the plates are supposed to be layed out but I noticed during research that the overlap of the side plates was different than the original. I had intended to lay the sides out as the original but Polarbear added extra rivet holes to each plate beyond what was on the originals which in the end had me going with the way Polarbear had them layed out. It in no way detracts from functionality or esthetics. Polarbear included some extra plates including a double of the center plate at the neck which I used for the back to give a little coverage for the spine and to carry the central suspension ring for the lacing support for the ends of the sides at the back. The three ring ( one at the top of the end of each side and one in the center of the back ) laced suspension is the method used on the original Wisby I COP. The original  ring mounts were steel but I opted for brass to keep with the esthetic of Brian's COP. The shoulders on the original were bare steel/iron but Brian had applied a good thick heavy enamel coat to the plates so I covered them with the same green leather the COP is made from and used small brass rivets to secure it to keep the esthetics of the overall look intact.

Sir James A:
Awesome Allan! That turned out really well. I had no idea about the rings part, either.

Lord Dane:
I know Allan. I just wanted to see your handywork. Very nice!!

Sir Brian:
Here is a photo of the inside of the COP.

For the lacing I determined that the best method was for me to loop the tie cord around the top middle ring then pass a bitter end through each lower ring then simply tie a knot to keep it in place. I went with the same type of fancy cord and aglets I use to lace up my surcoat.

Ian:
Looks great on you Sir Brian! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version