Main > The Armoury

CoP: My winter project!

(1/6) > >>

Sir Brian:
Well look what my lovely wife purchased for me this Sunday @ the MDRF for our wedding anniversary! Grichels is selling off some excess hides and they had this lovely shade of green that I've been looking for to make my CoP with!  ;D

So, I had purchased a full hide dyed black several weeks ago and now do not have a need for it. Anyone interested? I'll take $85 plus shipping?  ???

Sir Douglas:
About what thickness is the black hide? Is it veg-tanned, chrome-tanned?

Also, good luck on the CoP! That's on my list of to-do projects, though by now that list is longer than both arms put together. ;)

Sir Brian:
My apologies, I stated a full hide but it is a full SIDE of a cowhide. It is vegetable tanned, suede on one side and 5-6 oz weight (.078 to .094 decimal inches thick). You being much thinner than me will be able to cut your CoP into one piece where as I will likely go with two pieces...(we'll pause here a moment for the inevitably BAD bathing suit jokes)... ;)

Sir Douglas:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2013-10-07, 23:07:32 ---You being much thinner than me will be able to cut your CoP into one piece where as I will likely go with two pieces...(we'll pause here a moment for the inevitably BAD bathing suit jokes)... ;)

--- End quote ---

Yep...not gonna touch that one. ;)

We're always on the lookout for good deals on leather. The only place around here that I know of that sells leather is Tandy, and they can be a bit on the expensive side. If the shipping's not too much, that wouldn't be too bad for a whole side. Let me see what my dad thinks and I'll get back to you. :)

Sir Brian:
Shipping shouldn't be more than $10.00 but you can PM me your address and I can find out for sure today and post later.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version